So, this evening we’re having another meal from a Thug Kitchen recipe: ginger-sesame tofu.
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- Drain tofu, wrap in paper towels and put between two plates and put some weight on it. This should take about 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Mix together everything in your marinade in a shallow, rimmed dish.
- Cute tofu into widthwise planks, no thicker than 1/4 inch. (about 12 pieces).
- Put tofu in with marinade and make sure all pieces are covered and let sit for at least 2 hours in fridge.
- Take tofu out of marinade (save) and arrange the planks on the the grill.
- Grill the tofu (you can also bake it) until there are nice grill marks and then flip (you might want to drizzle more marinade on as you go.
I’m going to serve it as a bowl (remember: the vegan bowl consists of grains, greens, beans, sauce) in this order:
Brown basmati rice on the bottom (your grain);
Pad Thai Salad (dressed) over rice (your greens and sauce);
Grilled Ginger-Sesame Tofu (sprinkled with sesame seeds and cilantro) (your beans/seeds and a bit more sauce, which, as it turns out is complimentary to the Pad Thai Salad dressing!).
And here’s the result…
As it turned out, it tasted amazing all mixed together with an extra dousing of the Pad Thai dressing…
And James said, “That was DELICIOUS, but you do know that any time you make a fully vegan dinner, I’m eating cheese and crackers by nine o’clock, right?” And I can’t blame him because we’re extra hungry today: we had a great hike (10,000 steps–yay!) AND a beautiful paddle in the kayak.